- 2 slices ½ inch thick white bread
- 2 slices of extra sharp cheddar cheese
- dried chili flakes to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
Sandwich 2 slices of cheese and your chili flakes and freshly cracked black pepper between 2 slices of bread.
Preheat a skillet, and melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat.
Spread or brush the outside of the sandwich with 1 tablespoon mayo and cook until light golden brown, about 4-6 minutes. Flip the sandwich, (add more butter to the pan if needed) and cook the other side until brown and the cheese is melted, another 4-6 minutes. You can press down on the sandwich gently so it browns evenly, but don’t smash it.