- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
Seasoned black beans, salsa and red pepper partnered with chicken make a robust and spicy meal. You can make this as spicy as you like depending on the salsa you use.
331 people made this
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 2 (270g) jars salsa, such as Discovery
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (400g) tins black beans, rinsed and drained
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:1hr15min ›Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6.
- Arrange the chicken in a 3 litre casserole or a 23x33cm (9x13 in) baking dish. Combine the salsa, red pepper, cumin, lemon juice, chilli powder and garlic. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Pour the black beans on top and cover. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve with rice or tortillas if desired.
Black turtle beans, or simply 'black beans' for short, are especially common in Latin American cuisine. High in fibre and packed with nutrients, they're a healthy addition to any dish. If you can't find tinned black beans, use dried. This recipe would also work with tinned pinto beans.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(473)
Reviews in English (363)
Altered ingredient amounts.Very tasty! A great way to get a high fibre meal into a very picky family! I cut back the cumin to 1 tbsp. and at the very end of baking I topped it with some mozza cheese. Will for sure be making again.-18 Jul 2008
Something else.This recipe is awesome. I did add some onions to the mixture and topped it with cheese the last five minutes of baking. To stop the beans from drying out I did like one other reviewer suggested, mixed the beans into the salsa mixture. Served with brown rice. Also had it on a warm tortilla. Will definetly make again.-18 Jul 2008
This was lovely - my husband gave it a 5. I used 1 tin kidney beans and 1 tin pinto (local supermarkets did not have black beans) and this was fine - particularly recommend the kidney beans.Next time I will add a red onion as well as pepper.I may try with tinned tomatoes instead of salsa (I find bought salsa a bit sugary) with fajita spice mix (e.g discovery.Will become a regular in our house though-11 Dec 2011
One Dish Chicken, Black Beans, and Rice
One Dish Chicken, Black Beans, and Ricefor an easy weeknight dinner. Even the rice cooks in the pan! I’m always looking for an easy dinner that I can just throw together and then forget about it. This One Dish Chicken, Black Beans, and Rice is just that!
One Dish Chicken, Black Beans, and Rice
Can I tell you that I’m really craving Mexican food these days. I’m from Arizona and we have the best Mexican food in my opinion. Florida, not so much. There are a few places that attempt it out here but mostly they specialize in Cuban and Haitian food.
I’m all about making my life easier which is why I love one-pan meals. I’ve taken it up a notch with this chicken dinner by making it a one dish meal where the rice actually cooks in the oven.
Mexican Chicken Recipes Crockpot
Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the hot sauce. Place the chicken and stock broth or water in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker.
This Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken Is A Great Base Recipe To Use For Tacos Enc Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes Slow Cooker Recipes Slow Cooker Chicken
This Mexican Chicken could not be any easier to make.
Mexican chicken recipes crockpot. Rub chicken breasts with oil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker. To the slow cooker add the quinoa enchilada sauce black beans tomatoes corn red bell pepper green bell pepper chili powder cumin garlic powder and ½ cup water. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
Top the chicken with shredded cheese and serve with beans lettuce tortillas and. Stir then cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours or until the chicken. Place ½ of the tomatoes half of the chilies and half of the onion in the bottom of an Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
Get maximum Tex-Mex flavor when you cook chicken breast halves onion and salsa in the slow cooker. Sear for 2 minutes on each side until browned and fragrant. Instructions Unroll and add chicken thighs to the bottom of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock.
Place chicken on top. Cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or. Packed with flavor and super tender thanks to hours in the crock pot this recipe is.
Cook the chicken. Cover and cook until the chicken is tender and registers an internal temperature of 165F 4 to 5 hours on the LOW setting or 2 to 3 hours on the HIGH setting. Transfer the chicken to a crockpot insert.
Top with tomatoes black beans garlic jalapeno pepper liquid smoke cumin chili powder. Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies chipotle and garlic and toss to combine. Simply add the chicken thighs seasonings green chilies chipotle peppers salsa and diced tomatoes to the slow cooker.
Add remaining tomatoes chilies and onion on top of chicken. Crock Pot Mexican Chicken is the perfect shredded chicken recipe for your next Mexican recipe.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Crockpot Mexican Chicken Recipes Healthy Crockpot Recipes Healthy Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken 3 Ingredients Pumps Iron Recipe Recipes Slow Cooker Recipes Crockpot Recipes
Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Garnish Glaze Recipe Crockpot Recipes Beef Crockpot Recipes Chicken Crockpot Recipes
Crock Pot Fiesta Mexican Chicken Rice Wishes And Dishes Recipe Recipes Mexican Chicken And Rice Chicken Dishes
4 Ingredient Crockpot Mexican Chicken Recipe Mexican Chicken Chicken Crockpot Recipes Chicken Crockpot Recipes Easy
4 Ingredient Crockpot Mexican Chicken Recipe Chicken Crockpot Recipes Chicken Crockpot Recipes Easy Crockpot Recipes Easy
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken Whole30 Paleo Recipe Paleo Chicken Recipes Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chicken Crockpot Recipes
Mexican Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken Recipe Recipes Slow Cooker Recipes Crockpot Dishes
Stupid Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken Mexican Food Recipes Recipes Cooker Recipes
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (12 to 15 ounces) corn (drained)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 onion (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cut the boneless chicken breasts into strips. If desired, cook the chicken strips in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat, turning, until browned.
Add the chicken to the slow cooker along with the drained corn, black beans, cumin, chili powder, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for about 4 hours. Check the chicken about an hour before it's done and add chicken broth or water to thin, if necessary.
Taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed.
Garnish servings with shredded cheese or guacamole and sour cream, if desired.
Serve fiesta chicken with warmed corn and Native American fry bread or tortillas and hot boiled rice or Mexican rice.
Some chopped green chiles up next along with the black beans.
- Author: Lindsay
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1 x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
This Mexican Chicken Casserole uses rotisserie chicken and is super easy to make! Combine penne pasta with corn, black beans, cheese and more and you’ve got yourself a quick dinner perfect for any night!
- 1/2 lb | 2 cups dry penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp diced jalapeños
- 1 can (15 oz) yellow corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9吉 casserole dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta, salsa, sour cream, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, jalapeños, corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir together to combine.
3. Pour mixture into the casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Serve casserole with cilantro, green onions, tomato, and avocado slices, if desired.
Mexican chicken with black beans recipe - Recipes
A basic but always appreciated recipe for real mexican enchiladas. A healthy and tasty recipe, it has this unmistakable mexican twist with the combination of the black beans with chicken, seasoned with spices, sour cream and cheese.
Recipe for chicken with black beans enchilada
• 1 whole chicken, (a chicken of 2 to 2 1 / 2 lb), boned and boiled for 1 hour
• 1-2 cups of the chicken broth resulting from the boiling of the chicken
• 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro, more if you like
• 1 onion, cut in quarters
• 1 or 2 serrano chiles, seeds removed
• 1 can (15 oz) already cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can (10 oz) ready-made sauce for enchiladas better yet if you make it yourself
• 10-12 corn tortillas (5 to 6 inches)
• 1 1 / 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese, or grated orange cheddar
• 1 pack (8 oz) sour cream
• butter, to grease up the pan
1. Preparing the black bean sauce: Put the cooked black beans, the cilantro, the serrano chile, the onion and the chicken broth in the bowl of a blender. Blend until you have a chunky but smooth sauce.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread 4 tbsp of the green sauce for enchiladas at the bottom of baking pan. It is best to fry the tortillas very slightly before assembling the enchiladas so they do not crack. Once fried and cooled enough to hold them, spoon some black beans mixture over the tortillas, arrange some chicken meat over it and then some sour cream. Close the tortillas by making it a roll and place each individual one in the pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas and remaining ingredients, placing them side by side in the pan, until your pan is full sprinkle the grated cheese over all the enchiladas as evenly as possible.
3. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the melted cheese starts to bubble. Once finished baking, take out of the oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Mexican Chicken, Black Beans and Rice
- Author: (By Lee Clayton Roper)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1 x
Mexican Chicken Black Beans and Rice is a quick and easy casserole that takes minutes to prepare and is guaranteed to please!
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (rotisserie works well)
2 cups cooked brown and wild rice mix (can also add quinoa)
1 can (4 ounce) chopped green chiles, drained
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup corn, fresh or frozen (no need to thaw the frozen corn)
1/2 cup salsa (I like to use Pace Picante, medium), plus more for serving
1/2 cup sour cream (regular or low fat)
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
5 to 6 chopped green onions, white and some of the green part
3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with olive or grapeseed oil (an 8 by 8- or 7 by 11-inch dish works well).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients using only 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly in the prepared dish and top with the remainder of the Cheddar cheese. Bake for around 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve additional salsa and prepared guacamole on the side.
Make ahead: Casserole can be prepared earlier in the day, covered and refrigerated. Can also be frozen for up to 1 month. Bring to room temperature before baking, and increase cook time by around 5 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag @seasoned_kitchen — we can ' t wait to see what you ' ve made!
Tlayudas (Oaxacan pizzas)
Tlayudas [clae-yoo-das] are wonderful messy open pizzas, sold at night on the streets of Oaxaca.
cooking time 15 minutes
1 large bag of baby spinach
small knob of butter
sea salt and black pepper
4 large flat breads (large Middle Eastern pittas, Turkish or Italian flatbreads)
4 heaped tbsp guacamole or the flesh of a ripe avocado
2 balls mozzarella, grated
80g pecorino or mature cheddar cheese, grated
300g leftover chicken or 2 chicken breasts, poached and shredded
8 very ripe fresh tomatoes, sliced
2 tbsp roughly chopped herbs (basil, tarragon, chervil or coriander)
2 handfuls rocket
Wash the spinach and shake dry. Heat a large pan, add the butter to it, then add the spinach and cook for a few minutes until the spinach has wilted down. Remove from the pan, squeeze dry and season with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Heat a large frying pan big enough to hold the flat breads or a flat griddle pan. Put one flatbread in the pan and sprinkle with a tiny bit of water to gently heat it.
Once slightly crisp, turn it over. Spread a layer of guacamole on first, followed by some grated mozzarella and a quarter of the rest of the ingredients. When the outer side of the bread is crisp and the mozzarella has begun to melt, fold the pizza over so it looks a little like an open calzone. Slide on to a plate and slice into pieces. Serve with a salsa.
Preventing soggy rice
A common issue with making rice is a resulting mushy texture. Choosing the right ratio of water-to-rice grains is key- which is variety dependent. For most long-grain types for every 1 cup of dried rice, use 2 cups of liquid. Make sure to briefly (this is critical) bring the liquid to a boil to quickly soften the tough grains, then reduce to a simmer and cover to allow the rice to gradually absorb the moisture. If you keep the water boiling, the grains will fall apart and lose texture. Also, never stir the rice as it cooks!
Pin this recipe to save for later